The Arts District Chorale is an ensemble of gifted amateur and professional singers from all walks of life. Recognized for unique and innovative programming, the Chorale’s work is built upon a shared experience of continuous learning and a commitment to excellence, and promoting arts experiences that transform the gathered community, singer and audience alike.
Auditioning singers are evaluated on the following criteria:
- a good choral voice, not necessarily a solo voice
- ability to blend with other voices
- intonation, rhythm, and general musicianship
- ability and enthusiasm to self-teach your part
Singers are able to commit to the chorale for one eight-week concert cycle at a time. Members are expected to learn their parts on their own and come to rehearsal prepared to make music.
Rehearsals are held on Thursday evenings and occasional Saturday mornings at Episcopal Church of the Incarnation (3966 McKinney Ave) in Uptown Dallas.
- Brief sight-reading two short choral pieces
- Repeat some short phrases by ear
- Several brief passages from three choral works, to be sung unaccompanied (Haec Dies – Byrd; O Magnum Mysterium – Near; Wide Wide in the Roses Side – Martinson)
Auditions are by appointment online. Memorization is not required. Singers will be notified of their acceptance status within one week of the audition.
You may request an audition in one of three ways: